Do you want to eat more vegetarian food?
I know that my photography website is a strange place to add vegetarian recipes, but it is my only outlet so, why not?
This is the first recipe I’m posting, my aim is once per week. The idea is cheap, simple recipes with easy ingredients.
This scrambled tofu can be used without the yeast flakes, so don’t get turned off by not having any in your pantry. You can purchase from health food shops and Woolworths. It is useful in a few recipes and it lasts a long time. (I did use it making vegan cheese, so if you want to buy it, please go ahead).
I think the most expensive ingredient in this dish is the mushroom. Though I would think the whole meal is around $2 max.
Feel free to use other veggies in this recipe like spinach, tomatoes, and leftovers.
1 large mushroom
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon tumeric
1 teaspoon Yeast Flakes (optional)
- Fry chopped shallots and mushroom on low heat until mushroom is cooked well.
- Remember to put your bread in the toaster about now.
- In a bowl mash the tofu with a fork until crumbled
- Place salt, turmeric, garlic, and yeast flakes in a small bowl.
- When mushrooms are well cooked, turn down the heat and add tofu and spice mixture.
- Cook on low heat for 1 or 2 minutes
- Serve on toast
- Serves 1 person.